Skip to Main Content
at the Ivey Business School
Text size NormalLargeExtra Large

Ivey AEO student works to make students’ voices heard

June 21st, 2012 by Public Affairs

Photo: Jaxson KhanHuron College and Ivey AEO student Jaxson Khan is all too familiar with the difference students can make in the world.

Still in his teens, Khan has an impressive resume of roles in student-politics including student trustee in high school, president of the Gay-Straight alliance, CEO of Ontario Student Trustees’ Association, and student council president at the Bader International Study Centre in England where he completed his first year of post-secondary education. Khan also co-founded the Student Voice Initiative, a collaborative mentorship network committed to furthering student success nationwide.

This year Youth in Motion awarded him the Top 20 Under 20™ award for making such a profound impact at such a young age.

“I hope that others see this award not just as recognition of me, but as recognition of the understanding being built around the importance of including the youth voice in education decision-making. This is a win for youth everywhere,” he said.

Khan will complete his second year at Huron College this fall majoring in Global Studies before joining the HBA program at Ivey in 2013. While he is passionate about his present, he is still undecided about his future stating that he can see himself branching into public service, business, public health or international relations.

For more information on Jaxson Khan, please see the Western News article.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.